Marking any special milestone with cake is something which makes these days even more special. It does not just sweep one off their feet with its unmatched taste and appeal, but also helps one earn memories for this life and beyond. Like an anniversary cake, not just leaves everyone gushing about its scrumptiousness and appeal, but also brings everyone together as everyone gathers around the table where the cake cutting ceremony is about to take place. Traditionally speaking, these dreamy creamy cakes for various occasions are sugary and filled with other such ingredients which don’t much qualify under “being healthy” category. So, to help you celebrate these special occasions joyfully and in a healthy manner, we bring you two healthy cake recipes.
- 2¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1½ tablespoons slightly softened butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
Let’s Start Baking!
- Start by preheating the oven at 350°F and grease two 6-inch round cake pans with oil or butter.
- Take a large bowl and whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
- Take another bowl and whisk eggs along with applesauce, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour the shredded carrots.
- Then pour the wet ingredients in the bowl full of dry ingredients and stir to combine it all.
- Pour the mixed batter in the already prepared pans and bake for 35-40 minutes. Keep a check on its doneness by pricking a toothpick or a knife. If any of these things come out clean when poked into the cake, then your cake is done.
- You can let the cake cool completely by placing it on a wire rack.
- As far as the frosting is concerned, take a large bowl, whisk cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Further, add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
Your carrot cake is ready to be relished!
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- 2 levelled cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
Let’s Start Baking:
- Start by preheating the oven at 350F°/180C°.
- Grease a baking pan of 9x5x2.5 inch loaf pan with butter or oil and line it with parchment paper.
- Take a bowl and mix eggs and sugar, along with oil, lemon zest, vanilla essence. Further, add yoghurt and then again mix well.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and then add it to the wet ingredients batter.
- Pour the batter in an already prepared pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes. Check its doneness by pricking a toothpick or knife.
- Take out the cake from the oven, once ready and place it on a wire rack to help it cool completely.
- Once done, you can glaze the cake with orange jam on top of it. Your cake is ready to be served.
So, these were two all-time favourite healthy cake recipes that are quite a crowd-pleaser across various happy occasions. You can try baking these scrumptious yet healthy cakes at home or otherwise, you can order it simply from some bakery.
Remember – For your health’s sake, now you don’t have to skip the cake! Yippie! 🙂